From: Koichi Yoshioka <kyoshi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <kyoshi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 1999 2:44 AM
Subject: KyPlot

| Thank you for registering for KyPlot.
| I hope KyPlot is of help to you.
|
| I uploaded a new version of KyPlot (v2.0 beta 5) on Sep.4.
| Because several bugs have been corrected in this version (listed below),
| you are recommended to upgrade to it.
|
| The following are candidates of menus
| that I am planning to add to KyPlot.
|
| 1) 3D-graphs (scatter, contour, surface, etc)
| 2) statistics (more statistical tests,
|   survival time analysis, multivariate analysis, etc)
| 3) signal processing (wavelet packet analysis,
|   2D-wavelet transform, and other image analyses)
| 4) partial differential equations
|
| I am looking forward to receiving requests
| and bug reports on KyPlot from you
| and please feel free to ask me anything about KyPlot.
|
| If you do not need to receive mails on KyPlot from me,
| please let me know.
|

| [V2 Beta 5 (32-bit) / Beta 25 (16-bit) (updated 99/9/4)]
| *Fixes
| Three serious bugs (1, 2 and 3) were corrected.
| 1. When multiple figures with graphs are open
|    and a graph is deleted,  graph numbering becomes disordered.
| 2. Program stops when "Block" or "Graded Block" is selected for text
| shadow style.
| 3. (32-bit version only) When a graph with "X As"="Label" is saved and
| re-opened,
|   all the X labels become "0". (a bug created in beta 4)
| 4. A bug in the [Convert Legend to Objects] menu.
| 5. A bug in the "From X To" setting in the symbol setting dialog
|   for line graphs and bar graphs.
| 6. (32-bit version only) Corrected  axis settings of the graph A
|   in the "U_Image.kyp" sample file.
|
| *Improvements and new functionality
| 1.  "Back Color" for graph axis labels
|   (in the "Text Back Style" frame, select the "Opaque" option and set
| "Back Color").
|   See the labels for "Scores" in the sample file "E_Radar.kyp".
| 2. (32-bit version only) Multiple comparisons.
|   [Parametric Multiple Comparisons] menu:
|   Tukey method (or Tukey-Kramer method) and Dunnett method;
|   [Nonparametric Multiple Comparisons] menu:
|   Steel-Dwass method (nonparametric Tukey method)
|   and Steel method (nonparametric Dunnett method).
| 3. (32-bit version only) In the "Image graph" setting window, added
| "Color Map"
|   (you can select one of the prescribed color maps),
|   "Reverse Colors" and "Save" (you can set the current image color
| settings as defaults) buttons.
| 4. (32-bit version only) Added "Time-Averaged Spectrum" graph type
|   for the continuous wavelet transform and Gabor transform (see
| "W_Gabor.kyp").
|   Added "Scale" for "Discretization" for the continuous wavelet
| transform
|   and several other improvements.
|   See the sample files "V_WtCWT.kyp" and "W_Gabor.kyp" for details.
| 5. (32-bit version only) In the "O_Hline.kyp" file, added a sample of
| bar graph
|   explaining how to create a bar graph with two different scale axes.
> [...]

==============================
About KyPlot

KyPlot is designed to analyze data and create graphs and schemes.
It is particularly suited for scientists who would like to make precise and
refined graphs and schemes.

KyPlot is a Windows application and is available as 16-bit or 32-bit
version.
The 16-bit version runs in Windows 3.1, 95/98 and NT3.5 or more and the
32-bit version runs in Windows 95/98 and NT4.0 or more.
Even with the 16-bit version you can use long file names in Windows 95/98
and NT.

KyPlot consists of "spreads" for processing data and "figures" for drawing
graphs and schemes.

----

Data processing functions in spreads:

* Spreadsheet calculations with mathematical formulas
* Removal of linear trend and numerical filtering for time series data
* Numerical differencing, differentiation and integration of data
* Creation of histograms, cumulative distributions and regressograms
* Matrix operations (32-bit version only)
* Numerical integration of functions (32-bit version only)
*Numerical nonlinear optimization for customized formulas with nonlinear
least squares or maximum likelihood method with or without constraint
conditions (multiple independent variables are supported) (32-bit version
only)
* Numerical solutions of algebraic equations, nonlinear equations and
differential equations (32-bit version only)
* Linear/quadratic programming and unconstrained or constrained linear least
squares estimation (32-bit version only)
* Numerical deconvolution (32-bit version only)
* Fourier transforms (32-bit version only)
* Spectral Analysis (32-bit version only): spectral density and covariance
functions for single or multiple time series  by FFT method; Blackman-Tukey
method; autoregressive (AR) models
* Time series analysis (32-bit version only):
Autoregressive ARMA model; time series decomposition; estimation of
time-varying variance; estimation of time-varying spectrum; locally
stationary AR model
* Gabor (Short-time Fourier) transform (32-bit version only)
* Wavelet Analysis (32-bit version only):
fast discrete wavelet transform; wavelet thresholding (shrinkage);
continuous wavelet transform
* Simulation of random data (32-bit version only)
* Statistics: t-tests; ANOVAs; nonparametric tests; simple and multiple
regression analysis; standard line assay; polynomial regression; principal
component analysis (32-bit version only)

KyPlot can import Excel files and text files.
(16-bit version can read Excel 4.0 worksheets and 32-bit version can read
Excel 5.0/95/97 workbooks)

----

Graphs (two-dimensional)

* Line, Scatter, Area, Bar, Stacked bar, Pie, Radar, Polar, Bubble, Ternary,
Image and Table.
* The scale of X or Y axis can be individually set as either linear or
logarithmic.
* You can attach error bars ("plus-minus error" or "hi-lo" type) to either X
or Y values, or both.
* Axis breaks can be set to X and Y axes.
* You can customize attributes of individual data symbols, axis ticks and
axis labels.
* Legends, data labels can be created, as well as calibrations for time
series data.

----

Function fits for graph data

* Nonlinear least squares or maximum likelihood fit for customized formulas.
* Polynomial regression
* Smoothing spline regression (also its derivatives and integral)
* B-spline fits (interpolated or control point mode; as monovalent functions
or as plane curves; and its derivatives and integral)
* Local polynomial regression (32-bit version only)
* Wavelet regression (32-bit version only)
* Fourier series regression (32-bit version only)

----

Drawing tools

* In figuresheets you can draw lines, B-spline curves, ellipses, and
rectangles using mouse as in other drawing applications.
* In addition, you can place objects by specifying the size and location as
in CAD programs.
* In text editing mode, you can set superscripts, subscripts and variable
line heights as in a word-processing application.
You can write mathematical formulas as well.

----

File formats

The file formats of 16-bit version and 32-bit version are different.
KyPlot version 2 supports 32-bit version 1 files, but does not support
16-bit files.
16-bit files have to be imported into KyPlot version 2 using KyPlot 32-bit
version 1 and then saved as 32-bit version 1 files.

----

Declaration

This is a beta version of KyPlot. You are free to use it, but with your own
responsibility.
The author shall take no responsibility for any trouble associated with the
use of this software package.
This software package - including all related program files and
documentation files - cannot be modified in any way and must be distributed
as a complete package. It cannot be sold upon distribution.
All rights concerning this software package are reserved to the author

----

Contact to the author

Since this is a beta version, there may still be bugs in it.
The author would be very grateful for bug reports and any suggestions about
the software from you.

If you want to download please click HERE

Koichi Yoshioka
E-mail:kyoshi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx