Re: Off-topic C++

They can hardly compared today (TAS hasn't be updated for years and was
never ported to Windows). At that time (years ago) I tested both and
decided for TAS, both tools were available in Dos versions only.

TAS is a real programming language offering a TA library. It's that and
just that. Who cannot program cannot use TAS, so simple. Hence the learning
curve and... the outstanding power.

TFP on the other hand offered more prebuilt functions. It was the efficient
scanner of my club's TA labs. The reason it never passed my own selection
process is my brain showed a severe allergy to the formula language below :
((V/VX19)*(((H+L+2*C)>=TY1)+((H+L+2*C)<TY1)/(.375*((H+L+2*C)+TY1)/((M2-LN2)X
19))*((H+L+2*C)Y1-(H+L+2*C))/(H+L+2*C))U10))X19

Therefore, I would argue that TFP wasn't and ins't a good alternative to
TAS. The closest (offer) IMHO is a real programming language (like VB/VBA)
+ a TA programming library.

Alain