free version of VB!

Well Guy ... to add insult to your $35 flea market injury.. the "Complete
Idiot's Guide to VB" comes with a FREE working version of VB. I won't allow
you to run your projects / programs as stand alones but it's a complete
working edition. What more can I say! Some days the dragon wins.

===========

To Lars and others

Just my short work with VB to date, has really helped my understanding of
VBA. Developing my projects and then putting them into Excel as an Add-in
complete with their own menu's, toolbars, user boxes ... now looks like a
very real possibility.

I was joking about the SAMS' "picture book" ... "How to Use Visual Basic 6"
... but it's an amazing book. 300 pages of picture strips with just enough
text to not confuse the issue ... or my mind.

It covers a lot in a very accessible and useful format.

Microsoft appears to be going all out to convert as many people as possible
into programmers.

I promise not to be too enthusiastic about how easy this is all going to be
... because the article on developing your own stock ticker in VB Getting
Started made it more than clear how much work and thinking is involved in
programming your own applications.

Best regards

Walter