Re: Time Series Forecast Formula

Robert,

I can't answer your question, but here's a nice optimizer that uses TSF:

Enter long:
Cross(opt1,((CLOSE-Ref(TSF(C,opt3),-1))/CLOSE*100))

Close long:
Cross(((CLOSE-Ref(TSF(C,opt3),-1))/CLOSE*100),opt2)

Enter short:
Cross(((CLOSE-Ref(TSF(C,opt3),-1))/CLOSE*100),opt2)

Close short:
Cross(opt1,((CLOSE-Ref(TSF(C,opt3),-1))/CLOSE*100))

opt 1:  zero to -2 (with .1 step)
opt 2:  zero to +2 (with .1 step)
opt 3:  2 to 8 (with 1 step)

I use this for futures and the above parameters (optimized settings) keep
it in the ballpark.  If you are applying it to equities (or commodities),
it always makes sense to look at the indicator and understand the outside
parameters for each of it's "steps".  It makes no sense to limit your
outside limits to -2 and +2 if the TSF oscillates between -8 and +8.  So do
a little homework on the "outside" limits of the indicator and then
optimize accordingly.

This might not be what you're looking for, but if it helps you or someone
on the list, it was worth the time of the post.

Good luck,

Steve Karnish
CCT