Re: Bug 2000

To find out if your program's version, EOD or RT,  supports the 4-digit Y2K-dates :

In general:
1. In MetaStock click Help|About. The program version should read 6.52, if yours is
    a lower version (like 6.5 ) then best is to apply the upgrade Patch.
2. same as #1, but now for the Downloader

In particular :
3. For MetaStock and Downloader see #1
4. In MetaStock : Open a Chart, right-click the X-axis for the X-axis properties window
                              and on the Scale-TAB go to Displayed (First + Last Date) and go to
                              Loaded (First + Last Date). The dates given should be in the 4 digit
                              format for years, eg 19990510. If they are not, position the mousepointer
                              in the tiny First Date-window and left click, this should display the correct
                              format. You could also click Default here, to restore factory-default settings
                              for the Scale-TAB (incl. the dates).
6. In MetaStock or the Downloader : Click File|New|Security and in the New Security-window
                              go to First Date (for further actions see #4).
7. In the Downloader: Click Convert|Options|Destination-TAB and check to see if there is
                              an option available for "Export dates with 2 digit years". No problems here
                              if it is greyed out, eg not active, as long as you can see it to be present (it
                              will be active, once you are commencing the Convert's "Win3.1-export"
                              conversion command).
8. In Downloader : Open a Datasheet(eg security) and go to First Date (for further actions
                              see #4).

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dismiss the ".nospam" bit (including the dot) when replying.