Database maintenance

I'm looking for a simple and rapid way to clean my Metastock database.
I have some 16000 stocks in the database in 90 directories.  Many of the
stocks are now inactives or dead and the quotes are not anymore updated.
I want to delete from my database all those inactive stocks and regroup the
remaining stocks in less directories.
Using Downloader for this task is quite hurdle as we cannot sort the stocks
by dates and then use the delete function to delete obsolete stocks in a
block.  So we have to delete one at the time.  It would take weeks.

Do anybody know a better way to do the job ?

I heard about an Equiis database maintenance program.  Did anybody used it
? Would it easily do the job?

Thanks
Robert