RE: Convert Excel 97 data to MS

Walter,
Have you tried to save the file in CSV format from Excel and have
Downloader read the *.CSV file. (CSV is a pure text file with fields
separated by commas).
Then change the settings in downloader to:

Under TOOLS/CONVERT change Source file type to ASCII, type in the folder
name where your CSV file is, and under filename you can click on Browse and
pickup your *.CSV file.

Destination is MetaStock file type, and do type in your data folder
(Metastock data)

Now click on Options and pick Daily from SOURCE tab, then under Destination
tab I have Append to Existing file and replace matching data selected as
well as include Open and Open interest.

If you are creating a file that does not exist, check Create new file.

That is the procedure I use everyday. and it works.
Hope this helps.
Fred