Weekly Pick

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>All,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; A choppy week where my
financial and internet stocks did good, but everything computer related took it
in the ear.&nbsp; My overall portfolio was essentially flat for the week with
AOL and SCH flirting with new all time highs and CSCO, DELL, and MSFT getting
close to their stops.&nbsp; Hopefully, next week will be better, but there isn't
anything in the market indices that would indicate that it will be.&nbsp; Time
will tell.&nbsp; In the meantime, I don't see any reason to change my long
positions.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT><FONT size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I
still have enough cash left for a small position and I want it to be a bottom
fishing type position that has good growth potential.&nbsp; Comp USA (CPU) fits
that description.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; CPU closed at 10.5 which is a 52 week
low and the third time it has tested that level in the last six months.&nbsp;
The scary thing is that it closed at the low for the day on good volume which
would indicate that it would continue down on Monday.&nbsp; If it closes below
10.5, I don't want it.&nbsp; However, if it doesn't this will be a good
bottoming pattern.&nbsp; It hit an all time high of 38 on 12/01/97.&nbsp; It's
been in an Intermediate Term Down Trend Channel (ITDTC) every since then.&nbsp;
It bounced off the bottom of that ITDTC at 11.25 on 9/1/98, rebounded then fell
to another low of 10.56 on 10/08/98.&nbsp; It has been in a Horizontal Channel
(HC) internal to the ITDTC every since then although it did break out of a
shorter term down trend channel in the sideways move.&nbsp; CPU is currently
testing the bottom of the HC once again.&nbsp; The top of the HC is at 16 1/2
and the bottom is at 10 1/2.&nbsp; The top of the ITDTC is at 18 and the bottom
is at 2 1/8.&nbsp; The Tema StochRSI is negative, but rising from a negative
peak.&nbsp; The Tema PV Binary Wave looks like it may have made a negative peak
Friday.&nbsp; In other words, the indicators look like they may be signaling a
turn up.&nbsp; The fundamentals are good with the Price/sales at 0.2, the
debt/equity at 0.6, and revenues continued to grow at almost a 15% annual rate
when earnings turned negative this last year.&nbsp; However, analysts are
predicting an earnings rebound in the next two years.&nbsp; I'm going to enter a
good until canceled buy stop order at 11 3/8 which is just above Friday's 11 1/4
high.&nbsp; That means I'll get the stock if it does rebound off the bottom of
the HC.&nbsp; However, if it closes below 10.5 any time before I get the stock,
I'll cancel the buy stop.&nbsp; If I do get the stock, I'll set my target just
under the top of the HC at 16 and my stop just under the bottom of the HC at 9
3/4.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'll send a CPU.GIF chart to everyone
on my chart email list.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>JimG&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Sun Feb 28 17:50:17 1999