Excel & MS

Hi Lionel

You wrote

"I am not a nprogrammer.  I am quite klutzy around a computer.  Can you
point me to where I can get some instruction/guidance etc on using excel
for stock analyisis?"

- 0 -

I haven't been able to find any books, etc. I found a couple of interested
and knowledgeable traders on the net plus I read Ruggiero, and Sweeney and
Stridsman, etc. Check out the downloads on the Futures Mag www site for
Excel 5.0 and 97 ideas. Chande extends Sweeney's MAE and MFE work in "Beyond
Technical Analysis". Several back issues of TASC have good article on
statistical analysis to help understand the Excel analysis pac (i.e., skew
and kurtosis etc.)

Most of the work is done for commodities, but the same techniques should
work for stocks. There are 3 or 4 guys who contribute here who are strong
Excel / MS users maybe they can help.

Kaufman's new book has TS and Quattro formulas, so you can see how he uses
the two programs. I try to do the same thing in MS and Excel.

- 0 -

Franz - My "laggard" strategy about the patch didn't work maybe your
"chicken" strategy is better. Been there done that re page 30 chart option
to show or not show holidays. No solution in sight other than manual
deletion. Am I the only guy in the world that manually loads the Downloader.
I can't believe that one.

Best regards

Walter