Re: Volunteers Re: Reuters

At 12:10 PM 1/21/99 +0100, "G. G." <gianca@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Dan, send these files.
> I work with two computers (C1 & C2) connected:
> C1 = Intel Pentium2 MMX 400Mhz - 128 K RAM - n°2 HD 7.8 GB each (Total Free
> Space=8GB)
> C2 = Intel Pentium 133Mhz - 64 K RAM - n° 2 HD(SCSI) 2 GB each (Total Free
> Space =2.7 GB)
> Modem = 56 K but ISP gives only 33K connection (max next month I'll change ISP
> for a better one).
> With which one do you want me to do the tests ?
> Yes .it stands for Italy.
> Regards
> G. G.

G. G. and Guy T.

G.G. Please use the second (133 Mhz) computer as Guy will be testing on a P2
at 400Mhz.

The data file(s) I am going to send to each of you will be done "off" the
list. The subject will read: FOR YOUR EYES ONLY. There will not be any text
in the message body. I will send one file on Fri Jan 22, (after market
close) and the second one Sat Jan 23. The first file is to create the MS
files, and the second one is to update them.

Please report back to the list the time it took your E-mail systems to
receive the data files, how long to WINUNZIP them, and how long it took the
MS Downloader to build/create the MS data files, and then on Sat to update
the same data files.

Have fun, and thanks
Dan H.