Re: Volunteers Re: Reuters

At 04:12 PM 1/18/99 +0100, "G. G." <gianca@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi Dan, I think the problem could be up&downloading time of very large files
>anyhow, if you aren't flooded with request, send me the samples files.
>Regards
>G. G.

G.G. Don't think!!! The up&downloading time of very large files is NOT the
factor!! In fact, the sample file will be rather small, while in transit!
If you are still interested please advise, and set up a test metastock
directory in such a manor that this test will not inhibit your trading. (Due
to the amount of disk space required, I will send the file(s) after the
markets close on Friday Jan 22, 1999, and the the test(s) will be finished
by Sunday.)

Sample transfer file size (990111.ZIP) will be 46,650 bytes long and contain:

        VS990111.DAY        43,559  01-11-99  12:00p   1221 stock issues
        FU990111.DAY        22,714  01-11-99  12:00p    414 futures issues
        FO990111.DAY       227,234  01-11-99  12:00p   4142 future options
                        ==========                   =======
        TOTALS             293507                      5777 tickers

What I want to know is:

        1) How long did it take for your system to receive the ZIP file.
        2) How long did it take for you to unzip (WINUNZIP) the file.
        3) Can the MS downloader make/create the "new" securities.
        4) If so, How long did the creation cycle take.
        5) Your computer stats, (CPU, CPU speed, modem speed, disk size)

Please don't delete all the files, there is still more testing to be done!
And, post the results on the list, so that everyone finds out what is happening.

The data is for the date listed, but... The data in the futures volume and
op-int fields is the accumulated crap (or filler) that I don't like. And,
the stocks....as a whole, they are pathetic.  After all, this is a data
transmission test, and not a data validity test.

BTW: Does the "it" at the end of your e-mail address stand for Italy?

Thanks
Dan H.