Re: MetaStock System Testing capabilities

Ergonomics : I would like a better entry an exit formula window, resizable.

More than one stock in a system test : I would like a function to apply the
system tester to several stocks. Ideal would be a system tester integrated
with an explorer system tester and experts, rather than writing a system
tester, then make a expert version of the system tester (to be applied
automatically on the stock you see on screen) and an explorer. What I would
like is Metastock to determine best optimizations for a set of stock rather
than stock by stock. Optimizations should be the same for the whole group of
stocks.

Programming Language : More powerful, much more like Python (the competitor
to perl) or C. With mathematics function and procedures or subprocedure
calls (what you have now is making call to customs indicators), but it
tedious to watch the number of opening and closing parenthesis each time.
What would be convenient also is to call other programs so that the code can
be written outside.  Having access also to quaterly report due date. Having
access also to fundamentals for stocks in the programming langage. This is
most useful for the explorer.

Fuzzy logic implementation for indicators (giving probabilities of purchase
rather than a Sell or Buy Signal. This becomes most usefull when applied to
composit indicators. When you are using RSI+MACD+CMO+STOCHASTICS for
example, its better to use probabilities points for each indicator on a
0-100 basis and add them rather than just 0-1. For example is RSI is going
up and is .31 it is a well a good time to invest in as if the RSI is .3,
same thing for bollinger bands).  I can give more input on that if you want
to. This can be handled through sub calls were I could define a function
which returns a probability for each indicator as well. I can do this using
variables when the formula used is linear, but it to be quite complicated to
do when the indicator is non linear. Typically the RSI can be linear within
.2 and .4 range and .6 to .8 ranges, but is not in the .4 to .6 range. Some
functions are parabolic, some are exponentional, some are discontinous, some
can be binary as well. It is relly tidy to code this into metastock right
now. It is far more easy when using a structured programming language like C
or Python.

Multiple simultaneous Time frames : Support for multiple time frames. (Day
by day/Week by Week and Month/month) simirally on the same scan to determine
best timing for long term. I would like to writer system test which handle
each 3 different time frames (If it is a good momentum on a day basis, I
would like to make sure it is the same at the same time on a week and month
basis).

Speed : A way to compile the system tester after rather than interpret it.
If you use several custom made indicators in the system tester formula, it
slows down speed. this is visible immediately in the explorer when I was
making scans referring to Bollinger Bands %B and Bandwidth for example.

Support and Resistance : Possibilty to add support and resistance detection.

Indicators : Trend line or line being done automatically by a plotting
program I could write in Metastock if this was possible, rather than
plotting it manually. this could be applied to indicators as well : example
trend line superposed to the OBV and a signal when the OBV crosses that
trend line. It is possible draw it by hand, but then there is no signal when
the trend line crosses the price line and I would like this to be signalled
automatically.

Indicators : * Add  for Trader vic buy and sell signals.
                    *  Same thing for Bollinger W bottoms and M tops
detectors.

Explorer :
Watch lists (i.e warn me automatically when this stock is crossing a
predefined limit). This are basic functionnalities of portofolios managers
I would like to see in Metastock also.

Laurent Gittler