Re: Reuters Download Problems

>I have tried not to get involved in the bi**h sessons on the list, but I
>have had it with the 800 error.  Supply and demand will fix the problem, as
>soon as demand starts to dwindle then maybe they will fix the problem.

Not so sure.

>is a cash cow for them, Reuters all ready have the data for their
>institutional clients and selling to us is just extra.

As a years-old Reuters Markets 3000 user, I'm intrigued more and more to
the Open Bloomberg (BridgeStation is not available in my country).
Reuters PC suffers a sluggish performance and 200 RIC's limitation (more
on some platform), IDNDDE is limited to 3 - 5 applications access, not
enough considering you may want to have Reuters Graphics (the default
charting program), MetaStock Professional for Reuters, Aspen Graphics for
 Reuters, Fibonacci Trader, DDE link to TradeStation, EXCEL link and others.
Reuters TS1 maintains history data only 2.5 years daily, 5.5 years weekly,
less than 10 years monthly and quartly and yearly, for all instruments
including
Dow Jones and S&P 500 cash index! And permitting no outside data. Stocks
are dated no more than 5 years, in general.

And Reuters is the most expensive among the world-wide institutional
choices,
such as Bloomberg and Bridge (BridgeStation, Knight-Ridder ProftCenter, and
the newly acquired Telerate). And considered to be the most authoritive.

So why am I adhered to Reuters?
1. It's the most expensive.
2. I'm crazy.
3. Authority blinds my eyes.
4. ... I don't know.

And absolutely I'll continue to work with Reuters Terminal for years, and
continue to
complain.
Maybe I'll have Open Bloomberg on the desktop too, with Advanced GET Real
Time
and EXPO/ATA running on it, if budget permitted, or if I can earn enough
money to
afford it.

I MUST BE CRAZY!