Re: Reuters Download Problems

All Reuters customers...

In the short time I have been using Reuters as my provider I have found
an obvious correlation with downloading errors and "heavy usage days".

The service is at its worst on huge price/volume days in the stock
markets. The night at the end of a weekend or holiday also seems to be
troublesome.

IMHO Reuters won't admit that the service doesn't have the capacity for
"everybody" to download on those peak days.

With some simple experimentation I have found that even on those very
heavy days if I reduce my request for symbols down to the most
essential, I can avoid those errors. In my case that's requesting a
couple hundred issues verses my usual 1200 or so. Then the next day at a
"quiet" download time I will go back and get the rest of my data.

I hope this helps.

Best... John