Sentiment - less bulls!

                LOWRISK.COM

         INVESTOR SENTIMENT SURVEY

                 1 / 11 / 99

     brought to you by Investormap.com
the biggest directory of investing sites on the net.
         http://www.investormap.com

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment survey.
The survey was taken from 1/4 through 1/10 on the Lowrisk.com web
site.

Number of participants: 354

30 day outlook:

54% bullish,  61% last week
30% bearish,  21% last week
17% neutral,  18% last week

(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Median guess for the DJIA closing value on Friday, 1/15: 9350 (it
was 9363 last week). More complete sentiment data is available at
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm> .

Last week's bullish sentiment was at levels we considered very high, and we
considered this a warning sign for the bulls. That warning stands out as
our single worst "call" since we started publishing this sentiment report
almost two years ago. The market exploded higher, with the DJIA closing up
462 points. Amazingly enough, bullish sentiment actually fell this week.
The bullish reading was down 7% to 54%. Equally amazing is that the bulls
moved over to the bearish camp, which was up 9% for the week. Neutral
sentiment was virtually unchanged at 17%. This drop in bullishness and
increase in bearishness in the face of huge gains (and a market at new
highs) leaves the market with room to move higher still.

Please stop by to take part in this weeks survey at:

http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm

best regards,
Jeff Walker