trading

Spenser Lowry has been "talking about" trading over the last couple of
months at the following site.

http://www.traderscan.com/cgi-shl/cfml.exe?template=/cfo/confer/messages.dbm
&Thread_ID=1548&mc=56&CID=18

His comments have been commercial free and up front.

He has recently started a "Trading University" without selling anything ...
novel concept!
http://business.fortunecity.com/david/131/

Any time I've talked to him via email he has been a very hard worker, honest
and very keen about helping others.

- 0 -

Thanks to Chuck for his insights re Mr. Downs article.

Enclosed is a multiple monitor email from the Ensign list.

Best regards

 Walter

- 0 -

EnsignList - http://www.ensignsoftware.com
Configuring Multiple Displays

Multiple Displays allow you to configure multiple monitors so that the
Windows 98 DESKTOP can be spread out over their display areas. For each
display, you can adjust its position, resolution, and color depth.

Windows 98 has been tested successfully with up to nine monitors: however,
because of  the limited number of PCI slots available on current motherboard
designs, real-world implementations generally work on three or fewer
additional monitors.

For you to be able to use a monitor as a secondary monitor, it must be a PCI
or AGP device, and it must be able to run in GUI mode or without using VGA
resources. It also must have a Windows 98 driver that enables it to be a
secondary display.

To add a second display to your computer

1. Verify that your primary display adapter works properly.

2. Add your second adapter. The system BIOS then decides which adapter will
be the primary one. Windows 98 then autodetects the new adapter.

Note To test which card will be primary, watch to see which card performs a
Power On Self Test (POST). The one that performs a POST will be primary, and
the one that seems inactive will be secondary. If you want the order to be
changed, reverse the order of the cards in the PCI slots.

3.When you are prompted to reboot, do so. When Windows 98 reboots, it will
display a message that the card initialized properly.

4.If the primary display comes up in a 640 x 480 resolution with 16 colors,
try changing to 256 colors or higher, and reboot.

5.Double-click My Computer, double-click Control Panel, double-click the
Display icon.

6.In the Display Properties dialog box, click the Settings tab. Windows 98
lists each adapter in the system.

7.Select the adapter you want to use.

8.The Extend my Windows desktop to this monitor check box appears. Click it,
and then click Apply.

Due to size of LISTBOT messages - this discussion will continue as Part 2.

Dr. John Arrington

EnsignList - http://www.ensignsoftware.com
To configure multiple displays

Note This procedure applies only if your system contains multiple displays.
A system with a single display will have a different Display Properties
dialog box.

1.Double-click My Computer, double-click Control Panel, double-click the
Display icon.

2.In the Display Properties dialog, box, click the Settings tab. The number
in the frame area indicates a particular monitor configured for the system.
Frame 1 is for the primary display, frames 2 through 9 are for the secondary
displays.

3.Double-click frame 1 to activate it. In the Monitor menu, select the
display adapter for the primary display. Click the Extend my Windows Desktop
to this monitor box to place a check mark in it. In the Colors menu, select
the color depth. In the Screen area menu, select the resolution.

4.Double-click frame 2 to activate it. In the Monitor menu, select the
display adapter for the first secondary display. Click the Extend my Windows
Desktop to this monitor box to place a check mark in it. In the Colors menu,
select the color depth. In the Screen area menu, select the resolution.

5.If there are additional secondary displays, repeat step 4 for each one.

6.Make sure that the on-screen arrangement of the monitors matches the
physical configuration of your monitors.

7.Click Apply.

8.Optionally, right-click a display.

>From the context-sensitive menu that appears, you can enable or disable the
display, show the number of the display on the desktop, or select which
monitor to use.

9. Click OK.

Microsoft-supplied drivers are included with Windows 98 that can be used for
secondary displays. I have a book with the driver names supplied for various
makes and models of monitor cards. The tables are to large for this list
service. Please send your particular monitor card name and I will find the
correct driver for that card.

Dr. John Arrington