Re: downloader

Guy,

I've never used the Downloader with Prophet.  As you know, for the last
year, I have been using their data with very little hassle.  I felt bad
that you've had problems, but now I suspect the infamous/notorious
DOWNLOADER.  Prophet provides the program called AccWin and it takes about
10-20 seconds to download 35 commodities types of 10 to 15 contracts, plus
I let them build my continuous charts.  So, I'm guessing I download for 400
contracts.  When I hear about 20 minute downloads, I shake my head in
wonder.  I am going to try Dial/Data for the next month.  It's part of the
AIQ/MyTrack trial.  Unlimited free historical data and unlimited daily
updates (equities, indices, and futures) are available as part of the perks
for using their data feed.  Dial Data seems to win as the best EOD provider
in the TASC polls, but I always found them to be a bit pricey.

Steve Karnish
CCT
----------
> From: Guy Tann <grtann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: downloader
> Date: Friday, January 08, 1999 2:11 PM
>
> Al
>
> What software and service provider are you using?  I have been using
> Downloader for years (back in the old DOS days and am currently working
with
> 2 data providers.  Lately I've had all kinds of problems with my data
> providers (I think).  It took me 3 tries to download my stuff off
CompuServe
> last night.  Couldn't even download my data from Prophet even after 6
tries.
> Reviewed the Capture.txt file each time and the downloader quit in a
> different place each time.  All with a transmission or checksum error.
>
> Guy

Downloader,
> > and viewed them with suspect.
> >
> > Reluctantly, I have stopped using the Equis Downloader because I had to
> > change my EOD provider to a service  not accessed directly in the
> > downloader.  With the Equis product I could download 218 issues in
three
> > directories---stocks, futures, market indexes.  My normal
> > download time was
> > 4min 25 seconds.
> >
> > With the new service, I must use a non-Equis downloader.  This same
> > download is now completed in 40 seconds.  40 SECONDS!!.  How can the
Equis