Re: TC2000 vs QP2

Bob,

I use volatility for the gross screening by TC2000, and I also use it as a
final filter against all stocks in the list produced by TC2000.   Worden
says the following about this indicator:

	"This indicator is calculated as follows:  The stock's weekly percentage
rise over the last 13 weeks is summed and averaged.  The stock's final
volatility is found by dividing its average of 13-week movements by the
median value for all stocks."

The volatility indicator used for final filtering is one called Historical
Volatility, documented in an article by Larry Connors and Linda Raschke in
the August, 1996 issue of Stocks and Commodities magazine.  The MetaStock
code for this indicator follows:

$HistVol50Prds_Dly

HistVolPrds:= 50;
CLOSEPctChg:= C / Ref(C,-1);
HistVol:= Stdev(CLOSEPctChg,HistVolPrds) * 16.1245155  {annualize} * 100
{convert to %};
HistVol

Note that the factor 16.1245155 used to annualize [SQRT(260 trading days in
a year)] is for daily data.  If weekly data is being used, use the factor
7.2111026 [SQRT(52)].

Regards,

Bill

----------
wrcoward@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: TC2000 vs QP2
> Date: Wednesday, December 16, 1998 4:26 PM
>
> Bill what indicator/formula do you use for volatility and are you using
MS
> Explorer?  If so could you share you share your exploration with the
group.
> Thanks.
> ------------------

Excel
> >to get separate stats on each group based on the length of the ticker
> >symbol (NYSE = 1-3, NASDAQ > 3), the returns for both were virtually
> >identical.  I plan to adjust my stops to take advantage of the benefits
of
> >higher volatility.
> >
> >Good luck.
> >
> >Bill