Re: Downloader: Data on Laptop without internet connection

Yes, I do this each day.  I have the Windows winfile utility on my desktop.
 (You can use Windows Explorer).  Click on Winfile, Equis>dlwin>data.dta.
Highlight the file data.dta.  Now click File>copy>  A:mswdec29.quo (name
the file whatever you want.  I use the above name so that I can identify
the dates on the floppy.)
At this point you have your last downloaded data on floppy.
Place your floppy in your laptop, click on winfile
>a:\mswdec29.quo>copy>C:\Equis\dlwin\data.dta (or wherever your m/s files
are located)>OK.
You will now have your data in the downloader, ready to be distributed.
Go to the downloader, list the directories to be updated>OK .  Now type in
the date of the last download, then RIGHT CLICK your mouse button and check
the "reproccess data" box.  Then OK, and you will distribute your data to
your data files.

This process takes about three minutes----much faster than I can type it.