Downloader: Data on Laptop without internet connection

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to get rid of an inconvenience, may be someone can help me.

On my main computer (Desktop) I collect data every night via Internet
connection from RTD. Now I want this data on my Laptop as well.
Currently I'm copying all complete Metastock files to laptop with the
win95(98) direct connection PC-PC. But this takes a long time doing this
via a serial line.

Now my question:
Is it possible to copy only the file which contains the update from the
main computer to the laptop and then run the downloader on the laptop
without the required connection to the internet? This would save me time
to keep both computers up to date.

Best Regards
Thomas Winklhofer