Investor sentiment: bullish

                LOWRISK.COM

         INVESTOR SENTIMENT SURVEY

                 12 / 28 / 98

     brought to you by Investormap.com
the biggest directory of investing sites on the net.
         http://www.investormap.com

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment
survey. The survey was taken from 12/14 through 12/20 on the Lowrisk
.com web site.

Number of participants: 333

30 day outlook:

55% bullish,  41% last week
21% bearish,  36% last week
24% neutral,  23% last week

(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Median guess for the DJIA closing value on Thursday, 12/31: 9200 (it
was 8850 last week). More complete sentiment data is available at
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm> .

Last weeks sentiment data showed a drop in bullish sentiment and a *huge*
jump in bearish sentiment. Those results in a week where the DJIA gained 82
points looked very bullish (although we were a little timid in getting too
bullish), and it did turn out to be a great week for the bulls. The DJIA
gained more than 3% for the week.

This weeks sentiment numbers are decidedly more bullish, as would be
expected after the market's performance last week. Bullish sentiment jumped
14% to 55%, while the bears dropped 15% to 21%. The neutral camp stayed
about even at 24%. These reading are very high and warrant at least some
caution for the bulls, but they are not in the outright danger zone just yet.

Please stop by to take part in this weeks survey at:

http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm

best regards,
Jeff Walker