More praise for Dell

I've used IBMs (too pricey for what you get), Compaqs (good, but again
pricey), and Dells over the years; my most recent 4--3 desktops and 1
notebook--have all been Dells, running Win 95 plus one running Win98.

I've found Dell superb to deal with, and the service waiting times are now
MUCH shorter than used to be the case. WIth my latest, I discovered it
wouldn't load one Sunday a.m., and somebody in Austin talked me through
taking the computer apart, checking the internal connections, and
reassembling it. This was my one problem of any substance with Dell, and I
was mightily impressed by the patience of the techie--and with the ease of
taking the computer apart, given that all the reviews said it was
difficult just to get the lid off the CPU. Along the way he coached me as
to what I'd need to do to install an extra hard drive and SCSI adaptor
myself, now IO've lost my fear of taking the damned things apart.

So: am very pro-Dell, and have been for some time. I only wish I owned
some stock! (I DO own CPQ, so you can trust this recommendation for a
competitor!)

Dr. Penelope Reed Doob
York University, Ross S932
Tel: 416-736-5753  FAX: 416-465-2695