RE: Dow Jones News Retrieval

T.C.

I've been using CompuServe for years.  Mostly futures and a couple of
stocks.  I'm in the process of looking at new services as I would like to
eliminate one of my two services (Internet & CompuServe).

Tried Prophet on their 30 day free trial.  There was a problem in that it
only worked every other day :).  Minor details unless you're trading
futures.  I figured that they had a bug in downloading daily prices unless
you requested more than 1 day.  Two days and more, worked fine.

Will be looking at a few other services, however since I don't use a lot of
stock data, I want to minimize my costs for equities.  With CompuServe, I
pay $9.95 a month plus $.01 a quote.  You have to be a CompuServe member as
well.  I'm going to try to figure out if I can access this data without
being a CompuServe member.  They handle the MetaStock interface without a
problem.

If you come across anything that looks great, drop me an e-mail.

Regards

Guy