Re: TC2000 vs QP2

Laurent,

I currently use TC2000 data and have recently licensed QP2, but have not
started using it.  I can't give you a head-to-head comparison, but can
offer some impressions.

The one thing I really like about TC2000 is that EOD data is available at
4:30 ET, a good bit earlier than QP2.  This allows me to complete my next
day's trading selection 90 minutes earlier than with QP2, in time for the
5:30 national news (Houston).  I did see on the MetaStock list that QP2 was
working on intraday data like TC2000 has, and this may allow them to also
have EOD data earlier.

The biggest complaint I've seen about TC2000 is the time and disk space it
takes to convert TC2000 first to the old 3.1 format then to the MetaStock
format.  This has not been a problem in my case.  I use TC2000 to filter at
a gross level stocks I'm interested in.  These are stocks on the NYSE
having the highest volatility with certain price and volume
characteristics.  This gives me a pool of about 500 stocks to work with.
It takes about 10 minutes each day to update the TC2000 database and to do
the two conversions (7 minutes to download the day's data and update
TC2000, 1 minutes to export 1 day of data to the 3.1 format, and 2 minutes
to convert that data to MetaStock format and append to the previous day's
file.  Yes, it does take a little extra disk space (less than 20 meg), but
I can live with that.

TC2000 does cost about $10 more per month, but the backup 800 phone support
is included, whereas it's an extra cost option with QP2.

I've heard that one of the strong features of QP2 is the power of the
language used for stock selection.  I've never used it so can't comment.
However, TC2000 has some good canned search criteria, which is sufficient
for me, and the 4.1 release contains a language for stock selection if the
canned ones don't cut it.  At any rate, neither compares to the power of
TFP which I plan to continue using for stock selection.

I've been very satisfied with TC2000 and find Worden tech support to be the
best phone support I've gotten anywhere.  (Of course, Clay at TFP is in a
league of his own, but he's limited to email support.)

Again, I'm not knocking QP2 -- everyone using it raves about it -- but
TC2000 is doing a good job for me.

Bill C.