sentiment still bullish

                LOWRISK.COM

         INVESTOR SENTIMENT SURVEY

                 12 / 7 / 98

     brought to you by Investormap.com
the biggest directory of investing sites on the net.
         http://www.investormap.com

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment survey. The
survey was taken from 11/30 through 12/6 on the Lowrisk.com web site.

Number of participants: 405

30 day outlook:

53% bullish,  63% last week
31% bearish,  21% last week
16% neutral,  17% last week

(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Median guess for the DJIA closing value on Friday, 12/4: 9160   (it was
9363 last week). More complete sentiment data is available at
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm> .

Last weeks bullish sentiment was extreme at 62%. We warned that every time
we had seen bullish sentiment that high we had seen significant selling
within a couple of days. This time was no exception as the DJIA started
dropping on Monday. By Thursday the DJIA had pulled back 4% from very
recent highs. That drop was enough to drive some of the bulls into hiding.
Bullish sentiment dropped to 10% to 53%, while bearish sentiment rose 10%
to 31%.

The bullish reading of 52% is high, but no longer in the immediate danger
zone. However, the 5 week moving average of bullish sentiment remains very
high at 53%. We consider anything over 50% on this reading to be in the
danger zone for the bulls.

Please stop by to take part in this weeks survey at:
http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm
More sentiment data is at: http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm

best regards,
Jeff Walker