Indicator builder help request

Could someone confirm for me that Metastock evaluates both
conditions of an IF statement regardless of the outcome of the
IF test? For example, if I use a statement such as:

IF(A=B, 0, (A+B)/(A-B));

I get a divide by zero error message when I use the indicator.
It seems to me that if the condition that would cause such
an error (A=B) occurs then the indicator should be zero and
the other condition should not be evaluated.

Any suggestions on how to avoid this if true?