Subject: RE: Clutter - maybe we can change the
list
     Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 12:50:03 -0700
    From:  Equis Support <support@xxxxxxxxx>
       To:  "'metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'"
<metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I can certainly change the Reply To on this list.
However, most of the
people who have been on the list for any length of
time will remember
list members complaining that they would reply to
a post and it would
not be posted to the list. That is because they
selected Reply To and
the only address the message was sent to was the
author. The list never
received a copy. We were asked to remedy that and
did.

The same group of people will also remember that
when someone did do a
Reply To All, the recipient received the personal
message and a message
from the list. Duplicate messages basically. We
were asked to remedy
that and we did.

If I remove the Reply To inserting the list
address, everyone on the
list will need to remember to do a Reply to All,
or messages meant for
the list will only go to the original author.

This decision is not ours. If the list members
want the Reply To changed
to use the original authors email address, I will
make that change. I
suggest that one member of the list seek by a
personal email vote of
members the members choice and then let us know
which Reply To choice
the membership wants.

Equis Support