Re: Clutter on the list

Christian Baude wrote:

> I think this is a issue of the mailer.  When I
> hit reply, it
> automatically sends to the list.

I'm afraid you are correct.  Sending replies to an
individual as opposed to the entire list would
entail an extra step, and perhaps it's too much to
ask.  But what the hell do I want to know who is
requesting to be included on Jim Greening's
mailing list!  I personally am on it, and it's a
fine thing. Jim has been very helpful to me, he
knows a lot, and has a long history of making fine
contributions here.  But does everybody on the
entire list have to receive a blow by blow of who
wants to get on?  What if I should want to get OFF
Jim's list?  Who gives a hoot?  Do I need to tell
everyone on the entire list spanning several
continents that I'd like to get off?  Many posts
are simply inane, and unnecessarily so.  A
moment's reflection would suffice!

Posts should be informative and useful to the
majority of people who come here, don't you
agree?.  It's nice that so-and-so wants to say
thank you to so-and-so.  But doesn't it get
tedious reading messages like:  "Thanks, Ralph."
"Good call, Jake." "Please include me too."?

'nuff said.  I promise.