Re: Sentiment Data

In a message dated 11/15/98 4:29:33 PM Mountain Standard Time,
jwalker@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I publish sentiment data weekly from the "Guess the Dow" on my Lowrisk.com
 site. Basically, every week we have a contest where people try to guess the
 closing value of the DJIA on the next Friday. We also ask people for their
 30 day outlook (bull, bear, neutral). Each week we publish the sentiment
 data on our web site and via an email report..........But if there is
interest I can post the historical data to this list.  I could also try to
remember to post the weekly sentiment report to this list if there is
interest. I have done this on Realtraders for over a year.  >>

Jeff,

Now that you mention it, I remember seeing your posts on real traders and have
found them useful.

In addition to the sources of sentiment data that you and others have posted
on the Metastock List, I also found some individual investor sentiment data
since 1987 in a free, downloadable format on the American Association of
Individual Investors (AAII) web site.

Data that I retrieved from AAII is attached in a Lotus 123 file.  Excel and
text formats are also available.  I am not terribly skilled  at sending
attachments, so, if there are problems reading the data, check the AAII.ORG
web site and download it yourself.

Thanks,

Dan
Pocatello, ID USA

 Here are a few URLS:

 The weekly sentiment data:

 http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm

 To try the weekly contest:

 http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm

 To sign up for the weekly sentiment report:

 http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment-sub.htm

 All the "Guess the Dow" stuff is a money loser for me. I maintain it all at
 my expense; the time  and majordomo list all come out of my pocket.  But I
 do it for selfish reasons. I use the data in my trading and find it very
 helpful at times. And the more popular the contest is, the better the data,
 so the better my results.

 good trading,
 Jeff

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\AAIISENT.WKS"