Using Downloader to update data files

Zvi: what do you mean by, "you must open your securities in the
subfolders before downloading the data"?
   Re the anonymous Equis tech support post, it reminds me of an email
I got "answering" my query on using Downloader: discussion of
irrelevant incompatibilities between Downloader and MetaStock but no
solution.
  Likewise, here we have irrelevant discussion of converting "the same
data into multiple folders" which I am not doing.
   As I have indicated to Equis in 5 emails, I am trying to use
Downloader to do what can easily be done with NetQuote and many other
programs: convert each day's data for each symbol into only one MSPRO
subdirectory, although there are 10 such subdirectories. This is
exactly what "transverse destination folders" is supposed to do (p. 69
of Downloader Manual.) Not that hard to understand, but real hard to do.