RE: Downloader updating multiple directories

Here's my experience with this problem and yes I think Equis think it's a feature ;)

I wanted to arbitrarily split up my securities into various folders so I could use the
Next and Previous security buttons but soon discovered that the Convert option
"Traverse Destination Folder" is hopelessly broken.  Equis support offered a work
around using layouts.  Once you set them up it sort of does what you want, but...

The problem is that Downloader only searches for securities in sub-folders named
with the initial letter of the ticker symbol.  Moving a security to another sub-folder
and turning off the Convert option "Create new files" causes Downloader to generate
            Error #2053: Unable to start new destination file
which once one understands how it works is reasonable though brain damaged.

Of course turning on "Create new files" avoids the error but you get two copies of
your data. One where you wanted it (not updated) and a new one in the alphabetical
directory.
---