Question from a newcomer

Guys,
I am a very newbye in TA and so, as suggested from many of you, I am
studying hard on books, following markets and paper trading.
Also I follow this list, that I find very valuable for learning and
widening my points of wiew: almost every night I look for your very
valuable insights.
Now a question.
>From one side I see your constant efforts and researching for
indicators, systems etc.
>From the other side I know there are some softwares widely acclaimed as
very effective (GET, ELWave etc).
If these are so much good, why your efforts? Where are the tricks and
where the traps?
TIA very much.
Regards

Tommaso Galanti