Quotes-Plus Error in NYSE Declines (!NY-D) for 4/5/94

  • To: "Quotes-Plus Data Dept. Annette"
  • Subject: Quotes-Plus Error in NYSE Declines (!NY-D) for 4/5/94
  • From: Daniel Martinez
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 1998 04:41:15 -0800
  • Cc: Equis Metastock Listserv Post
  • Sender: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quotes-Plus:
I have been looking over the NYSE advances and declines charts in MetaStock
and noticed an error.  There is a mistake in the NYSE Declines (!NY-D) for
4/5/94.  The number entered is 315 and this is too low.  Because I create
composite securities in the Equis Downloader, this type of error is quickly
noticeable when I look at its chart.  However, I don't know if there are
other errors in the Nasdaq & NYSE advances & declines tickers (!NQ-A,
!NQ-D, !NY-A, & !NY-D).  I am also going to be creating composites based on
volume and I will let you know if I find any errors (!NQ-AV, !NQ-DV,
!NY-AV, & !NY-DV).

While I may seem overly critical with your data service, I assure you I am
not.  These larger errors tend to make viewing the charts of composites,
and any indicators based on them, difficult.  Also, any calculations based
on overly erroneous data is invalid.

Thank you,
Daniel.