Re: NWAC, KEA and AMAT

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Harley, most of us have experienced what you are going through
now...take Rick's and the other members advice that has been posted.&nbsp; My
two cents - - what turned my trading around 100% was staying on the right side
of the market and I have found the Intermediate Term Breadth Momentum Indicator
to always keep me out of trouble.&nbsp; I would recommend Harley that you really
consider going short/long when that indicator is rising/falling.&nbsp; That
indicator portends the overall health of the market.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Best of trading to you and the other members.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Tom</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 solid 2px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
    <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><B>-----Original Message-----</B><BR><B>From:
    </B>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    &lt;<A
    href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>To:
    </B>Tuva1 &lt;Tuva1&gt;<BR><B>Date: </B>Saturday, November 07, 1998 2:14
    AM<BR><B>Subject: </B>Re: NWAC, KEA and
    AMAT<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>-----Original Message-----<BR>From: William F.
    Nakielski &lt;<A
    href="mailto:frt1000@xxxxxxxxxx";>frt1000@xxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR>To: <A
    href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</A> &lt;<A
    href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR>Date:
    Saturday, November 07, 1998 10:24 AM<BR>Subject: Re: NWAC, KEA and
    AMAT<BR><BR><BR>Couldn't agree more.&nbsp; I believe it took a lot of
    courage for Harley to publish that piece.&nbsp; How many of us would be
    willing to admit to mistakes like that.&nbsp; I for one hope his account
    turns around very soon.&nbsp; I can truthfully say &quot;Been there, Done
    that&quot;.&nbsp; Only thing is at the time I didn't have the guts to admit
    it
    publicly.<BR><BR>---------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Courage?
    Admit a mistake? That's not the way I read it! <BR><BR>Instead of dealing
    with his setback pro-actively he's decided to hide from it by playing Mr.
    Mom. He whines he can't do anything because he doesn't have any buying
    power. Ridiculous! Trading courage is taking the loss when the market has
    proven you wrong. If he could only admit that, then he'd bring in his
    shorts, get his buying power back, learn from his mistakes, put the loss
    behind him, and move on to the next trade. <BR><BR>Unfortunatley, Harley
    still thinks he's right despite having his head handed to him daily for
    almost a month now. Worse, he still would like to short more though we are
    heading into what are traditionally the strongest months of the year for the
    market. &quot;If only he could get a correction,&quot; he moans........Sorry
    Harley, but we just rotated out of a big one. Next one ain't due untill next
    summer. Hubris in the midst of failure is a stupid and expensive loser's
    habit. It's a characteristic of the &quot;rogue&nbsp; trader&quot; that has
    destroyed great firms, caused financial panics, and cost otherwise
    intelligent people their careers. <BR><BR>Only a few weeks ago Harley was
    waxing on about &quot;booking profits&quot; of 3/8ths of a point on 100
    share trades. Even speculated that trading could be his life's calling. So
    here was pulling the trigger as fast as he could to &quot;book profits&quot;
    on tinies yet now he's willing to take 6 point losses. Letting even 1 bad
    trade wreck months of acculated profits is stupid and inexcusable. Harley
    has 3. To freeze and do nothing while the losses mount..........sorry, he
    needs people to slap him, not to commiserate. I wonder if his wife even
    knows?<BR><BR>Unlike Jim Green's [I'm calling him &quot;the Swami&quot; now.
    C'mon,&nbsp; I mean Iomega, how'd he know?] trading posts, the only thing of
    value a trading beginner can take away from Harley's post's ON HIS TRADING
    is how a complete lack of a sound trading strategy and money management plan
    can lead to disaster. He may be a beginner too, but the info and advise
    available to him over the last year in this forum should have him much
    further along the learning curve than he demonstrates in his
    posts.<BR><BR>As one who's managed to survive 12 years and even make nice
    living at this, I felt the pathetic tone of his last post alarming. I've
    heard the same words from many others who have ended up needlessly
    destroying their families financial well-being. My intention is to be harsh
    and humiliate him into taking action before it is too late. My words spring
    from heartfelt concern, not meanspirited-ness. <BR><BR>So Harley, please,
    please get out of the market, get your thinking straight, decide if trading
    is reeealllly what you want, then put in the effort to formulate sound,
    backtested trading and money management strategies consistent with your
    account size. More importantly and much harder to do, you need to develop
    the trading habits of a winner, not a loser.<BR><BR>Good
    luck,<BR>Rick<BR>Tokyo, Japan<BR><BR><BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Sat Nov 07 07:52:12 1998