Re: Quote Plus Evaluation

To be fair with Quote Plus, I verified after having posted the message that
some historical data errors were reported because QP is using 0 records for
closed days.

If 0 OHLCV is not considered as "suspect" price record, then only 80% of
stocks do show problems, with an average of 95 "suspect" records per
security.

-- Alain
___________________
At 16:03 5/11/98 -0800, Daniel Martinez wrote:

> MetaStock & Quotes-Plus Users:
> There is a bug in the Quotes-Plus Virtual Setup program.  Every time you
> change your virtual setup, either adding or taking away lists or securities,
> your SmartCharts are erased.  Also, if you create MetaStock composites using
> the Downloader in the Virtual folders, you won't be able to access any
> securities after making your Virtual changes.  To be fair, Quotes-Plus has
> stated their Virtual program is a beta program.  However, this bug came up
> rather unexpectedly.
>
> I am hoping Quotes-Plus will enhance their Virtual Setup program to allow
> SmartCharts.  They must change the file names of the SmartCharts to match the
> securities after the Virtual Profile is changed.  The Virtual setup is a very
> convenient and inexpensive way for me to access a large database without
> dealing with all the complications.  If you are a Quotes-Plus customer,
please
> call Quotes-Plus and request that they enhance their Virtual Setup program.
>
> Before anyone suggests it, I have already exported the indexes I need to
> create MetaStock composites.  I do not wish to export the entire Quotes-Plus
> database.
>
> Daniel. CtempnsmailFN.gif
> (another one of those darn cutesy smiley faces)

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\CtempnsmailFN1.gif"