Re: Raff channels

Hi Lionel & Gail,
mislaid yr last mail, so... The regression line is composed by 'best fitting'
discrete data points to a straight line. Of course you're right when you say
that the method used to attain a best fit is arbitrary. So, if you prefer using
the sum of the distances instead of the squares, do so by all means. Being no
mathematician, I understand most mathematical & statistical formulas halfway at
best, and mainly use them as 'cooking recipes' - no doubt earning me the ire of
every responsible math buff. Insofar as every textbook *and* MS's "Line Study:
Regression Line" uses the least squares method, I'll happily stick with that.
Kind Regards & Happy Trading,
Jan Willem Roberts

PS. I'm from Holland but have been living in Germany for some 26 yrs. now. The
climate here is best described as 9 months of Winter and 3 months of no Summer.

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\dawnsmall.gif"