TA quiz

As a registered attendee for the upcoming TAG20 seminar to be held in late
November, I was sent this quiz by Mr. Tim Slater, of Telerate Seminars.  I
am taking the liberty to post it to this list for any who would like to
take the short quiz to test your trading expertise.  Enjoy.  (I have
removed anything that could be construed as advertising or solicitation,
including the website discussing the seminar booklet).

"Dear Trader: The following trading/technical analysis quiz is provided
by Telerate Seminars as a fun kind of thing on which to test yourself .  It
will help
you judge your own level of technical expertise. The questions are not
arranged
by category, speaker or skill level. There is no passing or failing grade.
Just remember,
no matter what your skill level, a correct answer can mean a winning trade,
and an
incorrect answer can mean a loss.
---Snip-snip-snip----
Please note: The scroll bar will not work on some computers, if your scroll
bar to the
right will not scroll to the quiz, just point and scroll with the arrow in
the lower right
hand corner. "Thanks!"

TAG 20

Telerate Seminars  20th Annual
Technical Analysis Conference
at the MGM Grand
Las Vegas, Nevada
November 21-23, 1998

The quiz questions were provided by Tom Bierovic, Mark Douglas, Perry
Kaufman, Hank Pruden, Joseph Stowell, and Bill Williams

Answers are located at the end of this message.

1. When entering a trade, a low risk strategy is buying in a support
zone. This statement, is

 A. always true
 B. always false
 C. neither true nor false

2. When day trading, are you taking advantage of short-term trends?

 A. Yes
 B. No

3. When a commodity rises to a price level that exceeds the last price
high set four weeks earlier, it typically means:

 A. buy the commodity immediately.
 B. a double top.
 C. short the commodity immediately.
 D. wait another week before taking any action.

4. When a price shock moves prices your way, should you keep holding the
trade?

 A. Yes
 B. No

5. Chaos, in relation to trading, means:

 A. randomness
 B. new information
 C. madness
 D. get out of trading

6. What is the best, most accurate measure of market momentum?

 A. RSI C. oscillator
 B. Stochastics D. bullish/bearish consensus

7. Mr. Ritchie recommends that you "buy" when a 10 day exponential
moving average crosses above a rising 30 day simple moving average, and
then "sell" when the reverse is true. This is a reasonable approach
when:

 A. the investor wants to smooth out whipsaws.
 B. the investor wants a mechanical trading system.
 C. the investor wants to follow long term trends.
 D. the investor wants to buy weakness and sell strength.

8. A good trading stretegy is to sell when a support zone

 A. is broken.
 B. is located below a previous support zone.
 C. neither A nor B.
 D. both A and B.

9. Stock has been trading between $16 and $20 for the five consecutive
weeks. Then in two days it rallies to $23 1/2 on a sharp increase in
volume. The general market, is above a rising 200 day moving average.
Under most circumstances I would

 A. go short the stock immediately with at stop at 25 1/2.
 B. buy the stock immediately with a stop at 19.
 C. do nothing for the next few days.

10.Consistent success as a trader is elusive because:

 A. No one can ever learn enough about the markets to create consistent
results.
 B. Consistency is a function of one's attitude and few people have
developed a truly winning attitude.
 C. Consistency is a function of a distinct lack of trading errors and
very few traders ever focus on elminating errors.
 D. All of the above.

11. When price and momentum occur at differing rates of change, this is
most likely an example of

 A. confirmation
 B. divergence
 C. premium
 D. spread

12. When there is bullish divergence between a new low in prices and a
higher low in RSI, a trader should

 A. buy immediately
 B. sell aggressively
 C. wait for price action to confirm the divergence before buying

13. If my stochastic and RSI oscillator have remained overbought for an
unusually long time, it is most likely a signal that:

 A. the market is in a strong uptrend.
 B. the market is vulnerable to a sharp downward move.
 C. the market is forming an expanding triangle.
 D. the market is in a listless consolidation phase.

14. What market signal ALWAYS appears at all significant tops and
bottoms plus or minus one bar on whatever time frame you are observing?

 A. a green bar
 B. a fade bar
 C. a fake bar
 D. a squat bar

15. In trading a "fractal" is

 A. a part of a spread
 B. a change in market behavior
 C. a broken market
 D. a bad trade

16. I know I've completely accepted the risks associated with putting on
a trade when:

 A. I have decided what the market has to do to tell me a trade isn't
working.
 B. I have put my stop in the market.
 C. I can get out of a losing trade without the slightest bit of
emotional discomfort.
 D. All of the above.

17. Stock B is nearing an apex at $29 that has been created by a 5-week
descending trendline that started at $33, and an ascending trendline
over the same 5-week period that started at $24. Volume was shrinking as
the apex was forming. The trend of the general market is bullish. Based
on this information, I would generally

 A. buy the stock immediately.
 B. buy the stock as it re-entered the apex after having fallen below
the rising trendline.
 C. Buy it as it broke above the descending trendline on expanding
volume.
 D. Avoid taking any action in circumstances like this.

For further information:
Phone 504-592-4550   Fax 504-592-4553.
For Free Brochure, call: 800-535-7990
or check us out on the internet at telerateseminars.com