Re: Converting Worden Data Quickly

I'm new to the list and to trading (been at it for several months now), so
I guess that qualifies me as VERY newbie.  I currently use Worden data with
MetaStock and TechniFilter Plus, but have just installed QP2 and plan to
give it a try.

One of the things I really like about Worden is that I can download the
data 30 minutes after the market closes, giving me an extra 90 minutes to
get prepared for the next day before data from most other data vendors,
including QP2, is available.  I agree with others on the list that the big
drawback is the pain of converting the TC2000 4.x data twice, first to the
3.x format, then to the MetaStock format.  However, I have found a way to
do these two conversions relatively quickly on the pool of 500-700 stocks I
use -- less than 10 minutes total for both conversions.  The key is that
after the initial conversion, only new days need to be converted.  Use the
following procedure to do this:

INITIAL CONVERSION

1.  Convert the stocks in your pool to 3.x format using the TC2000 utility
provided, specifying the periods of historical data you want.

2.  Convert the Worden 3.x data to MetaStock format using the MetaStock
DownLoader.

SUBSEQUENT (INCREMENTAL) CONVERSIONS

1.  Set up a new TC2000 Export directory for each subsequent incremental
conversion (usually 1 day).

2.  Convert the stocks in your pool to 3.x format using the TC2000 utility
provided.  Specify the incremental conversion directory for this iteration,
and specify only the incremental number of days to be converted, again
generally 1 day.

3.  Convert the data from step 2 to MetaStock format using the MetaStock
DownLoader.  Use the TC2000 incremental conversion directory from step 2
and the same MetaStock directory as before, but this time use the "Append
Data to End of File" destination option.  As stated, the incremental data
is added to the end of the existing file, and this conversion runs quickly.

Hope this helps.

Bill