Re: Trading IRA accounts?

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998 21:44:17 -0500, you wrote:

>Chris,  Can I go short or is this creating money because the stock is
>borrowed??

I don't know the answer...  I may call the broker tomorrow and ask
him. Personally I don't think it's allowed, 'cause in theory you could
go over the limit to cover the short.... again, a book keeping issue
with the broker.

I was allowed to write a put, up to the amount of cash to cover the
assignment. But I think it is no longer allowed, either by regulation,
or by the broker not being able to handle the book keeping.

-= Chris ß =-