Re: Point & Figure charts.

Adam,
I use point and figure all the time, trading shares. Two months ago I asked
equis support for some help in coding the P and F trading rules into
metastock 6.5, they said it could not be done as there is no time axis in P
and F, which is needed for system tests in metastock. So equis said, no can
do, so I thought there has to be a way round this.

The key points on a P and F chart are the reversals when you start to plot
in a new column. These are the points you would use in a system test.

My workaround would be to plot the reversal points, as defined by P and F
rules, but on a bar chart.

To start with I would like to obtain the code for plotting a Point and
Figure chart in MS or any other language, as the logical rules as given by
Thomas J Dorsey in 'Point and |Figure Charting'  are a little complicated.

 It is good to know that my odd interest is actually shared by others. My
recent post on a flip flop indicator was part of my interest in developing
this. Could you show me your indicator?

Simon Roberts