Elliotscope: X Bolt from the Blue

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML>
<B>WARNING :Please treat all post as Educational. If you decide to use
the info please do so at your own risk and peril.</B>
<BR>Mentorspeak extracts"
<P>We have now to make some minor adjustments in our count of the Dow.&nbsp;
The
<BR>overall analysis remains unchanged.&nbsp; The IVth is still not complete.
<BR>After the completion of the IIIrd at 7400, the movement from 7400 to
<BR>8182 was the a-wave of the IVth.&nbsp; 8182 to 7467 was the b-wave
of the IVth
<BR>and we are currently in the c-wave of the IVth.&nbsp; This is what
it appears
<BR>to me.&nbsp; As I explained earlier, the 61.8% retracement level of
the IIIrd
<BR>wave is 8186 and any marginal movement above this level (say 30,40
or
<BR>50 points) will virtually guarantee the failure of the Vth wave, i.e.
<BR>the Vth wave will not break the 7400 level.
<P>Maybe this is a good time to talk about DEGREES.&nbsp; This is a slightly
<BR>difficult concept for a beginner in the study of wave analysis but
<BR>nevertheless is very important.&nbsp; The Wave Principle is undoubtedly
<BR>dynamic but changing a count when you are more or less on the right
<BR>track involves shifting the count by usually only 0ne(1) Degree.&nbsp;
Let me
<BR>explain.&nbsp; In our current scenario - downwards from 9367 - waves
I, II,
<BR>III, IV and V are of the same degree.&nbsp; Let us call this degree
(x).
<BR>We were previously taking the wave from 8182 to 7530 as the 1st wave
of
<BR>the Vth wave.&nbsp; Now the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th waves of the
Vth are
<BR>of one lower degree, i.e. (x) - 1.&nbsp; We were then taking the movement
<BR>from 7530 to 7880 as the a-wave of the 2nd of the Vth, from 7880 to
<BR>7467 as the b-wave and the upward movement from 7467 as the c-wave.
<BR>Now the a,b and c waves of the 2nd of the Vth are of one more lesser
<BR>degree, i.e. (x) - 2.&nbsp; So to recap we were counting a wave of
2 lesser
<BR>degrees than the Ist, IInd, IIIrd, IVth and Vth waves.&nbsp; We are
now making
<BR>a correction in our count.&nbsp; This correction should reduce the
degree we
<BR>are counting to (x) - 1.&nbsp; I have now taken the current movement
upwards
<BR>from 7467 as the c-wave of the IVth.&nbsp; As I just explained the
Ist, IInd,
<BR>IIIrd, IVth and Vth are of (x) degree.&nbsp; So the a,b and c waves
of the
<BR>IVth are (x) - 1.&nbsp; If all this confuses you - just forget it.&nbsp;
I don't
<BR>think I'm conveying what I want to say very well.
<P>Anyway, the IVth wave will in all probability finish in the vicinity
of
<BR>8186.&nbsp; The b-wave of the IVth wave (8182 to 7467) was 91% of the
a-wave
<BR>(7400 to 8182).&nbsp; Even if the c-wave fails, i.e. does not cross
the
<BR>8182 level, the pattern does not have any dramatic implications.&nbsp;
The
<BR>pattern is known as a double failure and is basically a neutral
<BR>corrective pattern.
<P>My trading strategy would be to start going short at every rise above
<BR>the 8180 level.&nbsp; Book your losses if the market crosses the 8300
level.
<BR>If in profit - ride it all the way to 7450.
<P>&nbsp;</HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Tue Oct 13 12:04:14 1998