Re: message interruptus

Harvey,
I think we have it!  Adam's contribution was good, except, it
made me scratch my head because I still couldn't correlate the
buy and sell signals with the indicator.  This exact formula is
the one I "optimized" in 1979 and had great success with in the
futures market.  Now, it's public domain!  We could keep it
secret, hold seminars, and charge thousand$ of dollar$ for the
knowledge.  How about an early December seminar at
Whistler/Blackcomb to coincide with the opening of ski season?
Or, maybe one in the middle of July on the shores of Okanagan?
And finally, could we do the Love Boat seminar, up through the
inner passage?  I guess we blew it, nobody is going to pay us if
we give it away free.  Thanks again to you and Adam for your
gracious help (and of course, I would be interested in any and
all of your work).

Steve Karnish
CCT

----------
> From: Harvey Pearce <hhp@xxxxxxxx>
> To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: message interruptus
> Date: Saturday, August 29, 1998 9:12 AM
>
> Steve/
>
> You're right.  A couple of ",-Opt2" omitted.  Thanks to Adam
for
> pointing it out, but a minus sign omitted from his version.
Try this
> (E&OE).
>
> Enter Long:
> (Mov(C,Opt1,S)-Ref(Mov(C,Opt1,S),-Opt2))>
> Ref(Mov(C,Opt1,S)-Ref(Mov(C,Opt1,S),-Opt2),-1) AND
> (Mov(C,Opt1,S)-Ref(Mov(C,Opt1,S),-Opt2))<0
>
> Enter Short:
> (Mov(C,Opt1,S)-Ref(Mov(C,Opt1,S),-Opt2))<
> Ref(Mov(C,Opt1,S)-Ref(Mov(C,Opt1,S),-Opt2),-1) AND
> (Mov(C,Opt1,S)-Ref(Mov(C,Opt1,S),-Opt2))>0
>
> I'm working on a similar system.  After a little more testing
will pass
> it along if you're interested.
>
> Harvey Pearce, Victoria, B.C., Canada
> =====================================
>
> Steve Karnish wrote:
> >
> > Harvey,
> >
> > You are very kind to take the time to help.  The logic
behind
> > this moving average momentum oscillator matches your
paragraph
> > perfectly.  Unfortunately, MetaStock want to regurgitate the
> > formula.  It's prompting for comma's and values and I've
found
> > that MS's "helper" is never any help.  It does a good job at
> > alerting you that your formula is wrong, but seldom prompts
for
> > the correct fix.  Willing to take another crack?
> >
> > Steve Karnish
> > CCT
> >
> > ----------
> > > From: Harvey Pearce <hhp@xxxxxxxx>
> > > To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > Subject: Re: message interruptus
> > > Date: Saturday, August 29, 1998 3:21 AM
> > >
> > > Steve/
> > >
> > > Enter Long:

(Mov(C,Opt1,S)-Ref(Mov(C,Opt1,S),-Opt2))>Ref(Mov(C,Opt1,S)-Ref(Mo

> > v(C,Opt1,S)),-1)
> > > AND
> > >              (Mov(C,Opt1,S)-Ref(Mov(C,Opt1,S),-Opt2))<0
> > >
> > > Enter Short:

(Mov(C,Opt1,S)-Ref(Mov(C,Opt1,S),-Opt2))<Ref(Mov(C,Opt1,S)-Ref(Mo

> > v(C,Opt1,S)),-1)
> > > AND
> > >               (Mov(C,Opt1,S)-Ref(Mov(C,Opt1,S),-Opt2))>0
> > >
> > > Your oscillator calculates the momentum of the moving
average.
> >  The
> > > momentum varies about the zero line.  So you go long when
the
> > momentum
> > > is below zero and increases from the day before; short
when
> > the momentum
> > > is above zero and decreases from the day before.  This
doesn't
> > allow for
> > > the oscillator again reversing and reaching a greater
extreme
> > before
> > > crossing the zero line.
> > >
> > > Let me know if there are problems, or if you want to
change
> > anything.  I
> > > haven't checked this out practically, and on these late
night
> > sessions I
> > > usually manage to do something that doesn't make sense the
> > next day.
> > >
> > > Harvey Pearce, Victoria, B.C., Canada

> > once
accept