RE: Reordering fields in ASCII files

Tim,
As suggested I am writing this to both yourself and to the list...
Perl is an amazing script language with it's roots in C.  It is freely
available on the Internet  (look for the Perl home site).  The
advantages of Perl are (a) it is an amazingly powerful language, (b) it
manipulates text files a dream, (c) it is fast, (d) the same script will
run on almost any platform.  The downside of Perl is that it is a little
hard to learn; the learning curve is quite awesome at first.
I have an example of a Perl script, which you may want to have,
somewhere in the depths of my web site (to be updated somewhen)
www.dragondrop.com <http://www.dragondrop.com>  and this checks the
quality of the price data in MetaStock format to make sure that the high
is higher than the low and all that stuff.  You may want to have a look
at this script and to use it yourself when you get Perl from the
internet.
The advantages of Perl is that the scripts are quite quickly written and
are easily shared by users with a similar interest.  Now, since that we
all use price data for our investment tools, it may be to our collective
advantage if a number of us starting to write and distribute Perl
scripts.  Anyway, I've a useful script on my site and everyone is more
than welcome to use and modigy it.
Malc