ASCII Record Conversion

Does anyone know of a simple program that will automatically reorder the
fields of an ASCII file? I'd like to find something that allows you to
designate the field order of the source file and the order of the
(converted) target file.

For instance, if the field order of my source file is Date, Open, High,
Low, Close, Volume and I want a converted file that includes just Date,
Close, Volume - or if I just wanted to reorder all of the fields in each
record of the file. I know that I can do this manually using a
spreadsheet, etc. but thought there must be some shareware or something
that accomplishes this more easily.