RE: Shifted Mov. Avgs.

Richard Estes says try shifting a horizontally by the square root [nearest
whole number] of the length of the MA.  He also has other ideas and
suggestions regarding shifting MAs- perhaps he will chime in.

Tom Joseph [Advanced GET] has built a trading system based on two 6 period
moving averages shifted 4 periods horizontally.  The two MAs are based one
on the HIGH for the period, and the second on the LOW for the period.  The
resulting bands make for a workable trading band system.  he uses it in
conjunction with his proprietary XTL[eXpert Trend Locator].

Al

Al Stephens