Re: Automation software

KeyText v 1.16
MJMSoft Design
http://www.mjmsoft.com
USD 25, shareware.

1. The keystroke text I use to run successive explorations in KeyText
are the following:

{*Perform successive MetaStock Explorations
*}{Activate "The Explorer"}{Alt X}{Pause 600}{Pause 100}{Ctrl E}{Pause
0.5}{Down}{Beep}{Pause 5.0}{Link E}

2. Explanation:

{*Perform successive MetaStock Explorations
*}
-> This is a comment between {* and *} separators

{Activate "The Explorer"}
-> This command activates the Explorer window. Metastock is initially
open in the explorer window, and the first exploration is highlighted.
Actually, in this very simple application, you could do without this
instruction.

{Alt X}
-> Metastock key combination to start the highlighted exploration.

{Pause 600}{Pause 100}
-> pauses KeyText while the exploration runs. The maximum pause
instruction is 600 seconds, or 10 minutes. I have two successive Pauses
because some of the explorations run just over the 10 minutes. This has
to be set to cover the longest exploration you want run.

{Ctrl E}
-> Metastock shortcut key to return to Explorer after the exploration is
completed. Both options "Always prompt for securities" and "Notify when
exploration is Done" need to be off (unchecked).

{Pause 0.5}
-> Make sure Metastock has time to return to the Explorer

{Down}
-> Select the next exploration below

{Beep}{Pause 5.0}
-> Please wake me up and give me time to see what's going on

{Link E}
-> The keystroke sequence is in item E. This tells KeyText to start the
sequence all over again, so it is a continuous loop.

3. Note:

There should be no separation between keystrokes in the text above, and
"Enter" or "Return" cannot be used to separate the lines, as KeyText
would interpret it as an "Enter" key.

4. I hope this helps. However, I would suggest that you do spend a few
hours playing with KeyText, as you can do far more that the simple code
above suggests.

Regards

Andre Scholberg