charts on a charting list

Yes, you are correct.  I was unaware of the distinction until now -
thanks!

So you must be looking at the price action since the mini-crash
(10/28), correct?  Using that timeframe, I think I see a very thin,
steeply rising wedge (It is under the last "zig" on my chart).  In my
response, I was refering to the bigger pattern forming since the
beginning of August.

FWIW, here's how Martin Pring describes Wedges:

"A wedge is very similar to a triangle in that two converging lines
can be constructed from a series of peaks and troughs but whereas a
triangle consists of one rising and one falling line, or one
horizontal line, the converging lines in a wedge both move in the
_same_ direction.  A falling wedge represents a temporary interruption
of a rising trend, and a rising wedge is a temporary interruption of a
falling trend.  It is normal for volume to contract during the
formation of both types of wedge.  Since wedges can take anywhere from
2 to 8 weeks to complete, they sometimes occur on weekly charts but
are too brief to appear on monthly charts.
  Rising wedges are fairly common as bear market rallies [sic].
Following their completion, prices usually break very sharply,
especially if volume picks up noticeably on the downside."  p.83
"Technical Analysis Explained"

For the record, I remain skeptical of these types of formations
especially without confirming volume.

Chip
http://coolhistory.com/ChipsCharts