Re: [dlevels] Financial Sector (AMEX: XLF), 12/11/00

Fundamental analysis is DiNapoli??

Kevin

<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
  Report for the
  Financial Sector (AMEX: XLF),
  12/11/00.Summary:Finance headed down...
  Probably..Detail.Since September XLF has been trying to cross the
  $30.00 level. Three times it has failed between $29.00 and $30.00, now we have
  another attempt.How often should it try before giving up? Unless there
  is some unpredictable surprise, I expect XLF will fail this time
  again..But as with most trading, this is not a sure thing. The Monthly
  chart shows a strong uptrend (MACD) is still in place. XLFhas supported
  twice in this uptrend at the .382 area (Focus = 29.75 9/15/00 Reaction = 19.50
  3/10/00). Supporting at the .382 rather than .618 is a good sign that the
  $30.00 resistance can be exceeded.Why do we have so much resistance in
  this area? Why do I favor a down-turn at this time?The monthly chart
  shows we are in the XOP resistance area of $29.10 . As well, the daily chart
  shows (see FibNodes attached) an OP at 30.125 and XOP at 32.83. The Weekly
  MACD is still in a solid down-trend, though it could attempt to cross upwards
  in the near future. The daily chart has just shown the first signs of
  resistance, after reaching the Oscillator-Predictor overbought
  level.More recently, the Daily chart shows we had a deep retracement,
  finding support at the .618 area rather than the .382 area (support on
  11/22/00). So will the longer term uptrend win out over the shorter
  term resistance? I think the resistance will be sufficient this time. We will
  know soon, and when we do we can trade the very short term in the right
  direction.. One way to benefit from this knowledge, is to watch the stock
  charts which make up this sector, look for Directional indicators, or
  Confluence/Agreement. This combination can provide a low-risk trade, if it
  materializes.
  ---DiNapoli Fibonacci techniques -<A
  href="http://www.fibtrader.com/";
  eudora="autourl">http://www.fibtrader.comTo