Re: [dlevels] B&B's and trend trades

<BLOCKQUOTE
  I'll look at
    B&B type situations as part of another setup, but I don't find them
    reliable enough to trade on their own.
  I disagree.. Someone recently told me they are working 90% of the
  time. The ones that don'twork are low-risk most often.

  OK.  I'm going back through my study of
  about 300 of them that I picked out prospectively - when they looked like they
  were about to cross the 3x3 - weed out the ones that I know you would tell me
  didn't have 135 bar thrust, throw out the ones that were other than standard
  length thrust (two and three day bars found on TC2000), and see if I just
  looked at things the wrong way.  I've been known to do that. :-)
  But I do tend to learn eventually.<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
<BLOCKQUOTE
  Do you keep any statistics of your own on the
  reliability of the setup?<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
<BLOCKQUOTE

   Based
    on what you've described, you need more than what's in the book to make them
    work.
  What's missing?

  I think I was referring to the way you described
  your trend trade of PAYX after the daily B&B didn't work out.  I
  think you described strategies that weren't included in the book.

  I appreciate you going through all this
  stuff.  I might get there yet.

  One quick question.  Other than the time
  factor, do you have a standard failure point for a B&B trade?  That
  question itself may display some of my misunderstanding.

  Thanks again.

  Kevin

  <FONT face=Arial
size=2>