[amibroker] Re: AB 5.29, Windows 7 (64bit) and i7

  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 19:52:35 -0000
  • From: "Boris" <borisamibroker@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: AB 5.29, Windows 7 (64bit) and i7

Hi Thomas,
but how much ram needs one symbol?
If I have 4 MB cache then I make a guess.
The price is 3 digits plus dot plus 2 digits. Say 6 digits.
e.g. 233.12$. The symbolname is e.g. 12 for ISIN.
So 4(o,h,l,c) * pricedigits * days(252eod*years) * amountOfSymbols + symbolDigits <= cache (e.g.4mb)
So how many 10 year symbols can I run in a 4 mb cache?
amountOfSymbols = 4194304 / (4 * 6 * 252 * 10 + 12) = 69 symbols.
Ups!
Is that correct?
Boris

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****